Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Spiel & Holz Toddler Wooden Shapes

I went to collect some toddler wooden shapes today from someone I know who is selling off her toy business. Got a bit lost in the Suffolk countryside as my multimap print out in draft mode was too poor to read but found it in the end. Although I will only have 9 of these sets, they are a lovely addition to the childrens toys. There are no varnishes, paints or pigments just alder wood and some linseed oil.

The Germans are certainly years ahead of us where eco and organic products are concerned. A lot of Green Eyed Frog's products come from Germany. The quality is excellent and craftsmanship superb.

I thought that buying wooden toys for my children was far better than plastic but then I found out about the toxic paints and varnishes which can be used on some toys from China and Taiwan. Its very difficult for parents these days to know what is best for their children especially with all the media pressure to buy expensive plastic tat. Get the children watching BBC channels - they don't have adverts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment