Sunday, November 12, 2006

Courier Service or Local Post Office

I am often asked why we don't use a courier. There are several reasons but the main one being that Green Eyed Frog is a rural business and its important to support local services and other businesses which includes the local post office. When you live 9 miles from the nearest supermarket you need a local shop for banking, fresh bread and to post the orders.

When Barclays closed down most of the small rural branches we were hit hard here in Suffolk and the Post Offices are all that remain of our links with the towns. My local Post Office is on route to the school where I drop the children (no affordable rural bus service for our kids but thats another posting) so I'm not going out of my way and I get to meet other local people, have a chat and find out whats what and whose who as women like to do. The rural Post Office is the hub of small villages and offers a far wider service than you find in the towns.

My local Post Office is also the general store and newsagent, they even do picture framing. They also pass on a good supply of cardboard boxes so if you wonder what Bobbys muffins are on your packaged order - they sell them in our Post Office and they are very nice although not at all organic or good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment